Humans will find aliens by 2040, claims scientist
Washington: A scientist has claimed that humans will be able to find aliens within the next 25 years.
According to LiveScience, SETI `s Seth Shostak says that by 2040, astronomers would have scanned enough of the space so as to detect alien-produced electromagnetic signals.
Sostak made the comments during a Feb. 6 discussion at the 2014 NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts symposium at Stanford University.
He said that instead of looking at a few thousand star systems, which is the tally so far, they would have looked at maybe a million star systems by 2040.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir