Humans will find aliens by 2040, claims scientist
Washington: A scientist has claimed that humans will be able to find aliens within the next 25 years.
According to LiveScience, SETI `s Seth Shostak says that by 2040, astronomers would have scanned enough of the space so as to detect alien-produced electromagnetic signals.
Sostak made the comments during a Feb. 6 discussion at the 2014 NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts symposium at Stanford University.
He said that instead of looking at a few thousand star systems, which is the tally so far, they would have looked at maybe a million star systems by 2040.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley