ICRISAT scientist receives award from US body
Hyderabad: An Indian scientist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has received an award from the Crop Science Society of America (CSSA), a statement said Thursday.
Hari D. Upadhyaya, principal scientist, and head of Genebank at ICRISAT, was conferred the Crop Science Research Award for his significant and original and applied research contributions in crop science, excellence in creative reasoning and skills, and total impact of contributions on crop science, nationally and internationally, said a statement from ICRISAT.
He received the award during CSSA annual meeting at Tampa, Florida on Nov 6.
Upadhyaya is a practical plant breeder and has developed a large number of early-maturing, high-yielding, drought tolerant, and diseases and aflatoxin contamination resistant groundnut breeding lines.
Congratulating him for the achievement, ICRISAT Director General William D. Dar said that Upadhyaya not only brought honor to himself but also to ICRISAT.
M.S. Swaminathan, father of the green revolution in India, sent a congratulatory message to Upadhyaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority