India-born scientist honoured with Medal of the Order of Australia
Melbourne: An India-born scientist has been recognised by the Australian government with the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM).
Sadanandan Nambiar has been honoured for distinguished service to science, in the field of sustainable productivity and management of forests.
Nambiar, a researcher at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), said that he was proud that his team was able to provide a good basis for sustainable production of Australian forests and balanced answers to the management of native forests in Australia and south-east Asia.
Nambiar was born in India and has resided in Australia since 1970. He took up the position of researcher at CSIRO in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!