India-born scientist honoured with Medal of the Order of Australia
Melbourne: An India-born scientist has been recognised by the Australian government with the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM).
Sadanandan Nambiar has been honoured for distinguished service to science, in the field of sustainable productivity and management of forests.
Nambiar, a researcher at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), said that he was proud that his team was able to provide a good basis for sustainable production of Australian forests and balanced answers to the management of native forests in Australia and south-east Asia.
Nambiar was born in India and has resided in Australia since 1970. He took up the position of researcher at CSIRO in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?