Innovation exhibition kicks off tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will tomorrow inaugurate the Annual Innovation Exhibition at the Sports Ground at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"The exhibition will be open to the public from March 7 to 13. Entry for the exhibition is through Gate No.35, near North Avenue, between 10 A.M. To 4 P.M. Visitors to Mughal Gardens can also visit the exhibition," according to a statement by Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Beginning 2010, the National Innovation Foundation-India has been organising the Innovation Exhibition at Rashtrapati Bhavan every year.
"This year`s exhibition will showcase 41 innovative technologies, including seven from students. In addition, community knowledge based herbal products for human, veterinary and plant health will also be exhibited in a `Mind to Market` Pavilion," the statement said.
"This exhibition conveys the President`s commitment to supporting the cause of inclusive innovation.
"It also provides an opportunity for students, investors, entrepreneurs, designers, etc. To join the movement and help in taking green, grassroots innovations to society," it added.
Press Secretary to the President, Venu Rajamony, said there will be daily on-the-spot `idea` contests for school students with prizes for outstanding ideas.
"National Innovation Foundation-India was set up by the Department of Science and Technology as a national initiative to support grassroots technological innovation and outstanding traditional knowledge," he said.
Its primary aim was to recognise, respect and reward grassroots technological innovators and traditional knowledge experts.
Its endeavour is for building a National Register of green grassroots technological innovations and traditional knowledge practices, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users