Bengaluru: Massachusetts-based company iRobot is introducing its robotic vacuum cleaner in the Indian market.
The iRobot Roomba, the vacuum cleaning robot, which needs least human supervision, will be their first introduction in India.
Bengaluru-based Puresight Systems will offer several Roomba models in India, providing a range of features and technologies to suit customers’ needs. It will also offer the Braava floor mopping robot, which is designed to systematically and efficiently dry or damp mop an entire floor.
The iRobot Roomba, the vacuum cleaning robot is available in five models and they are priced at - 32,900 for the iRobot Roomba 620, Rs.38,900 for iRobot Roomba 631, Rs.49,900 for the iRobot Roomba 776P, Rs.62,900 for the iRobot Roomba 871 and Rs.69,900 for the iRobot Roomba 880.
Braava, the floor mopping robot, is priced at Rs. 27,900.
Some key features of iRobot Roomba-
- The iAdapt responsive Navigation Technology responds to the environment to make smart cleaning decisions in the real world. It is the most flexible, effective robotic technology available.
- The round shape helps it navigate into and out of tight spaces.
- Dirt detection: focuses on cleaning where it's needed most.
- Roomba knows to return to its Home Base when finished cleaning a room or needs a charge.
- It can be scheduled to clean at a time that is convenient for the user.
Founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists, iRobot designs and builds some of the world’s most important robots.
The company’s home robots empower people to do more and have revolutionized the way people clean – inside and out. iRobot has sold over 14 million robots in more than 60 countries, with the Roomba vacuum cleaning robot leading the charge.