Israel to introduce levitating `sky trains` to ease traffic congestion, protect environment
Washington: Israel`s Tel Aviv city is set to welcome levitating `sky trains` to tackle the problem of heavy traffic and environmental pollution.
According to the Fox News, the city would see Sky Tran`s futuristic transportation trains, a mass transit system of magnetically levitating pods which was co-developed by engineers from NASA`s Armes Research Center.
The report said that with SkyTran`s pods the city aims to have energy and environment-friendly alternatives to cars and buses.
The planners said that `sky trains` are a cheaper and faster transportation system and will help reduce congestion and pollution.
The city recently hired US consultant company Jenkins Gales and Martinez to help speed up the process in building the SkyTran track but no official timetable has been announced, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed