Jaipal Reddy agrees science funding inadequate
New Delhi: Science and Technology Minister S. Jaipal Reddy Monday said he agrees with Bharat Ratna awardee and eminent scientist C.N.R. Rao that funding for the science sector should increase.
"The government has been giving the highest possible (funding) keeping the financial stringency in view," Reddy told reporters here.
"While he (Rao) is right and I don`t disagree with him (over marginal funding) because the importance of science and technology is so high that any amount the government of India allots is not adequate," he said.
Rao, who is the chairman of Prime Minister`s Scientific Advisory Council, said funds for science research are "marginal" and stressed on the need for providing more resources for research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers