Jaipal Reddy agrees science funding inadequate
New Delhi: Science and Technology Minister S. Jaipal Reddy Monday said he agrees with Bharat Ratna awardee and eminent scientist C.N.R. Rao that funding for the science sector should increase.
"The government has been giving the highest possible (funding) keeping the financial stringency in view," Reddy told reporters here.
"While he (Rao) is right and I don`t disagree with him (over marginal funding) because the importance of science and technology is so high that any amount the government of India allots is not adequate," he said.
Rao, who is the chairman of Prime Minister`s Scientific Advisory Council, said funds for science research are "marginal" and stressed on the need for providing more resources for research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray