Jaipal Reddy agrees science funding inadequate
New Delhi: Science and Technology Minister S. Jaipal Reddy Monday said he agrees with Bharat Ratna awardee and eminent scientist C.N.R. Rao that funding for the science sector should increase.
"The government has been giving the highest possible (funding) keeping the financial stringency in view," Reddy told reporters here.
"While he (Rao) is right and I don`t disagree with him (over marginal funding) because the importance of science and technology is so high that any amount the government of India allots is not adequate," he said.
Rao, who is the chairman of Prime Minister`s Scientific Advisory Council, said funds for science research are "marginal" and stressed on the need for providing more resources for research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!