Japanese `Google-like` glasses can translate languages
Washington: Japan`s NTT Docomo has reportedly developed reality glasses that can translate languages in real time.
The company`s latest device in the wearable computing market was unveiled at a Japanese gadget fair, and developers said that the glasses could be ready for visitors to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
According to Fox News, the gadget will be able to translate unfamiliar text into the wearer`s first language, making signs and menus instantly understandable.
Docomo said that the character recognition technology enables instant language translation for users travelling abroad and reading restaurant menus and other documents.
The report said that the another application on the device turns any flat surface into a touchscreen, with a finger ring relaying positioning information to the device that lets wearers `touch` tags that only they can see, perhaps to perform an Internet search.
Similar to the much-anticipated Google Glass, the Docomo glasses also include facial recognition that is intended to look up someone`s identity and job title from a smartphone`s directory, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day