Kerala`s Technopark to be India`s largest IT park
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will officially inaugurate an additional one million sq. ft. of space at the Technopark Phase III here Wednesday, making it the country`s largest such IT facility with a built-up area of 7.2 million sq.ft.
The new twin-tower campus, developed in 92 acres of land has been named Ganga and Yamuna.
Technopark Phase III has the Smart Business Centres set up to attract youngsters for their entrepreneurial ventures.
Space has already been allotted to 30 companies who will be setting up their operations shortly, said Technopark senior business development manager M. Vasudevan.
"We are already having discussions with various developers to set up commercial complexes, hotel facilities, convention centre and a multiplex here. This phase has been developed as both Special Economic Zone as well as Non Special Economic Zone," said Vasudevan.
The twin towers are the first LEED Gold Rated IT Space of the government.
"In the next couple of years we hope to generate more than 40,000 direct and over 1.6 lakh indirect employment opportunities that will spur the next growth wave for Kerala as well as the IT industry," said Technopark CEO K.G. Girish Babu.
Chandy will be launching the Startup Boot Camp which will be attended by about 2,500 students (aged between 17 and 21 years) and faculties from various educational institutions across the state.
The Startup Boot Camp has been initiated on the state government`s decision to promote entrepreneurship among the youth to transform Kerala into a national entrepreneurship hub. Technopark TBI and Startup Village have jointly organised the camp.
Kerala had announced the facilities and support would be extended to all higher education institutions in the state and entrepreneurship development clubs would be set up in all educational institutions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award