Kids find decomposed foot believed to be Bigfoot`s
Washington: Two young boys from Quincy, Massachusetts have left police and residents baffled with their mysterious and potentially grisly finding.
According to the Patriot Ledger newspaper, "On March 29, Sgt. Steven Leanues picked up what appears to be a decomposed foot that the boys found in the woods off Pantheon Road. Police Chief Frank Alvilhiera sent it to the medical examiner, who determined it is not human, although it appears to have five toes," Fox News reported.
Tests are still being conducted, but the strange find has locals asking - What has five toes and looks like a foot - but isn`t? Maybe Bigfoot, but more likely a bear.
Strange as it may seem, this is not the first time that animal bones have been mistaken for human remains.
In 2004 a man in Fort Gay, West Virginia, discovered a human hand at about 9 o`clock in the evening while cleaning his vehicle at a car wash.
It was inside a manila envelope and had a rubber band around the five finger bones.
Police officers and two different county medical examiners concluded it was human and probably from a child or small woman`s hand.
But the mystery deepened because the rest of the skeleton was never found, and no one of that description had been reported missing.
Finally the hand was sent to the state forensics lab, where it was determined to be a bear paw.
In 2011, a man in Queens, New York, found what appeared to be the foot of a young child in a back yard.
The police were called, and parents kept their children close, fearing that someone had snatched, murdered and dismembered a child.
Finally, a forensic anthropologist in the New York City medical examiner`s office examined the foot and identified it as a bear paw.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India