King David era carved pillar may confirm Old Testament text
Washington: A carved pillar discovered near Bethlehem could be linked to King David himself or help validate the scope of King Solomon`s majestic kingdom.
Israeli tour guide Binyamin Tropper, who believed it was he who discovered the pillar, was surprised to find that authorities knew about the pillar for decades but kept it a secret, Discovery News reported.
The pillar could help locate legends from Biblical stories from Old Testament.
The stone pillar dated to about 2,800-years could also help connect the modern Israel with Judaism`s historical roots.
According to experts the find is being ignored because of the complexity of Arab-Israeli relations.
They said that the discovery of the pillar has been hushed up to stay clear of a major political battle over centuries of debate, concerning which of the state has more legitimate claim to the Holy Land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened