King David era carved pillar may confirm Old Testament text
Washington: A carved pillar discovered near Bethlehem could be linked to King David himself or help validate the scope of King Solomon`s majestic kingdom.
Israeli tour guide Binyamin Tropper, who believed it was he who discovered the pillar, was surprised to find that authorities knew about the pillar for decades but kept it a secret, Discovery News reported.
The pillar could help locate legends from Biblical stories from Old Testament.
The stone pillar dated to about 2,800-years could also help connect the modern Israel with Judaism`s historical roots.
According to experts the find is being ignored because of the complexity of Arab-Israeli relations.
They said that the discovery of the pillar has been hushed up to stay clear of a major political battle over centuries of debate, concerning which of the state has more legitimate claim to the Holy Land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail