King David era carved pillar may confirm Old Testament text
Washington: A carved pillar discovered near Bethlehem could be linked to King David himself or help validate the scope of King Solomon`s majestic kingdom.
Israeli tour guide Binyamin Tropper, who believed it was he who discovered the pillar, was surprised to find that authorities knew about the pillar for decades but kept it a secret, Discovery News reported.
The pillar could help locate legends from Biblical stories from Old Testament.
The stone pillar dated to about 2,800-years could also help connect the modern Israel with Judaism`s historical roots.
According to experts the find is being ignored because of the complexity of Arab-Israeli relations.
They said that the discovery of the pillar has been hushed up to stay clear of a major political battle over centuries of debate, concerning which of the state has more legitimate claim to the Holy Land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details