Lego robot cracks Rubik`s Cube in record 3.253 seconds
Washington: A Lego robot has successfully smashed world record of solving the Rubik`s Cube in 3.253 seconds, 62 percent faster than previous world record held by second generation version of the robot.
Two engineers in England, David Gilday and Mike Dobson, made the `Cubestormer 3` robot that uses motors, actuators, and arms from a handful of Lego Mindstorm sets, while a custom-made Android app running on a Samsung Galaxy S4 does the analysis and sends the controls to the unit.
According to The Verge, the hardest part of the project, which took the engineers 18 months to accomplish, was to fine-tune the communication between the smartphone and the motors without jamming the cube or breaking the machine.
The superhuman speed of the Lego robot also destroyed the current human record, set by the Dutchman Mats Valk, who set a 5.55 second time last year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation