LIX, world`s smallest 3D-printing pen to hit the market soon
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
London: Wonder if you can draw a doodle in the air without using paper? Yes, you can with the LIX, a 3D-printing pen, which is also the smallest 3D pen in the world. This pen allows you to express your creativity on a whole new level.
Developed by a London-based start up, LIX weighs just 40grams. Launched on Kickstarter, the new 3D pen has raised £100,000 in just 24 hours.
3Doodle, unveiled last year, became the world`s first 3D pen and is still currently fulfilling orders from its wildly successful Kickstarter campaign.
LIX 3D pen has a similar function as the 3D printers. It charges from a USB 3.0 port. LIX can take ABS (petroleum-based plastic) or PLA (plant-based) filaments, and outputs solid lines as you move the pen through the air.
The developers say LIX can even be powered by the electricity from a USB port in less than a minute after turning it on.
Makers of the pen hope to begin shipping the orders in October.
Pic Credit: http://lixpen.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it