Magnetic shirts offer independence to people with disabilities
Washington: A clothing designer has created a line of shirts that have magnets embedded into them so that the user doesn`t fumble with buttons.
Maura Horton, CEO of MagnaReady, and who is also the wife of former NC State Football Coach Don Horton, said it was his desire for independence while suffering from Parkinson`s disease that inspired her to come up with this unique solution, Fox News reported.
The disease had affected Don`s hand`s mobility so much that after one of the games he had to ask one of his players to button up his shirt.
Maura used her skills as a former kid`s clothing designer to develop the shirts with buttons, and button holes, which were purely decorative.
She said that buttoning the shirts, which she created is as simple as lining up the magnets and hearing them click.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch