Magnetic shirts offer independence to people with disabilities
Washington: A clothing designer has created a line of shirts that have magnets embedded into them so that the user doesn`t fumble with buttons.
Maura Horton, CEO of MagnaReady, and who is also the wife of former NC State Football Coach Don Horton, said it was his desire for independence while suffering from Parkinson`s disease that inspired her to come up with this unique solution, Fox News reported.
The disease had affected Don`s hand`s mobility so much that after one of the games he had to ask one of his players to button up his shirt.
Maura used her skills as a former kid`s clothing designer to develop the shirts with buttons, and button holes, which were purely decorative.
She said that buttoning the shirts, which she created is as simple as lining up the magnets and hearing them click.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH