Mark Zuckerberg, Sergey Brin, Yuri Milner launch $33 mn Science Prize
New Delhi: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla have joined hands with Google co-founder Sergey Brin and famous venture capitalist Yuri Milner to launch the new USD 3 million award for excellence in life sciences.
“Priscilla and I are honoured to be part of this,” Zuckerberg said in a statement on Wednesday, announcing the new foundation while addressing the audience at University of California, San Francisco’s Mission Bay medical campus. “We believe the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences has the potential to provide a platform for other models of philanthropy, so people everywhere have an opportunity at a better future,” he added.
The Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences Foundation has already selected 11 winners for this year, which includes the names of neurobiologist Cornelia Bargmann, geneticist Hans Clevers and molecular biologist Napolean Ferrara. Each of these winners will receive a reward of USD 3 million.
Further on, these prizes will continue annually and five frontrunners will be announced every year by the foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog