Meet, the man who creates different types of water
Melbourne: A man from Germany is so passionate about water that he has even created his own concoction and devises water menus as part of his job.
Water sommelier Martin Riese said that he is just filling a gap in the market as people demand a complete range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during their dining experiences, the Courier Mail reported.
Riese is a man who lives and breathes water. In fact he loves it so much he is hoping to make waves in the food world with the launch of Beverly Hills 90H2O, touted as the "champagne of the water world."
Riese, who grew up around Germany`s North Sea, told news.com.au he has a lifelong love and attraction to the clear, life-giving stuff.
But it wasn`t until 2005, when he began working as a general manager at Berlin`s michelin star restaurant First Floor, that he started living his passion.
It was during this time that he got the idea of creating a water menu after a customer asked if the restaurant offered different types of water.
But we`re not talking about different flavoured waters, just the naturally occurring stuff which Riese says changes massively in taste not only from country to country but region to region as well due to different mineral components.
He said the customer`s question on different water tastes opened up his eyes and he soon came up with a menu featuring 14 different types of water, which he later extended to 40 as customer demand for different types and tastes increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read