Mexican zoo welcomes rare zebra-donkey cross `Zonkey`
London: A zoo in Mexico has welcomed a "Zonkey", which is a rare cross between a zebra and a donkey.
The hybrid animal named Khumba was born at Reynosa zoo, in the north-eastern state of Tamaulipas, Metro.co.uk reported.
Khumba`s mother is a zebra called Rayas, whilst the father is a dwarf, blue-eyed albino donkey named Ignacio.
The zoo officials said that Khumba is a rare case in the animal world, as chromosomes of a zebra and a donkey are not compatible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?