Mexican zoo welcomes rare zebra-donkey cross `Zonkey`
London: A zoo in Mexico has welcomed a "Zonkey", which is a rare cross between a zebra and a donkey.
The hybrid animal named Khumba was born at Reynosa zoo, in the north-eastern state of Tamaulipas, Metro.co.uk reported.
Khumba`s mother is a zebra called Rayas, whilst the father is a dwarf, blue-eyed albino donkey named Ignacio.
The zoo officials said that Khumba is a rare case in the animal world, as chromosomes of a zebra and a donkey are not compatible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical