Mexican zoo welcomes rare zebra-donkey cross `Zonkey`
London: A zoo in Mexico has welcomed a "Zonkey", which is a rare cross between a zebra and a donkey.
The hybrid animal named Khumba was born at Reynosa zoo, in the north-eastern state of Tamaulipas, Metro.co.uk reported.
Khumba`s mother is a zebra called Rayas, whilst the father is a dwarf, blue-eyed albino donkey named Ignacio.
The zoo officials said that Khumba is a rare case in the animal world, as chromosomes of a zebra and a donkey are not compatible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO