Mexican zoo welcomes rare zebra-donkey cross `Zonkey`
London: A zoo in Mexico has welcomed a "Zonkey", which is a rare cross between a zebra and a donkey.
The hybrid animal named Khumba was born at Reynosa zoo, in the north-eastern state of Tamaulipas, Metro.co.uk reported.
Khumba`s mother is a zebra called Rayas, whilst the father is a dwarf, blue-eyed albino donkey named Ignacio.
The zoo officials said that Khumba is a rare case in the animal world, as chromosomes of a zebra and a donkey are not compatible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16