Microsoft`s Office Remote lets users control Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Windows Phone
Washington: Microsoft has unveiled Office Remote, a new app that lets users control Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations with Windows Phone 8 device.
It is a joint effort between Microsoft Research and the Office team, the Verge reports.
Darren Edge of Microsoft Research said that they want to make sure that they continue to create tools that deliver the best possible experiences to presenters and audiences.
According to the report, using Office Remote, users can jump between PowerPoint slides and control an on-screen `laser pointer` with their finger.
The app is now available and works with all versions of Office 2013 except for Office 2013 RT.
The user needs to install a small software `add-in` on the computer before getting started, and a Bluetooth-compatible PC is also required since that`s how the two devices communicate, the report said.
Microsoft said the new app represents only the first step in reaching a `diverse society of devices`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you