Nagaland PHE successfully implementing new tech for potable water
Kohima: The Public Health Engineering Department (PHED), Nagaland is successfully implementing a new technology to provide drinking water facilities in rural areas using solar energy developed by a Mumbai-based company.
The solar-powered Water Treatment Unit using advanced membrane filtration system is currently being implemented in three most water scarce villages of Kohima district - Meriema, Tsiesema and Kijumetouma under the National Rural Drinking Water Program, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Government of India.
Implemented by a Mumbai-based company, is capable of filtering 1200 litres per hour and can pump water to a height of 200 metres (approx 650 feet) in a fully automated way.
The system, with ultra filtration, churns out treated water that is of high quality standard for drinking purpose being free from all objectionable physical, chemical and biological contamination.
PHE Chief Engineer Kevisekho Kruse today said that once the pilot projects are completed successfully, the same would be implemented in large scale in all other districts facing acute water shortage problems with no available gravity water supply source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof