Narendra Modi lauds Indian scientists on National Technology Day
New Delhi: BJP leader Narendra Modi Sunday said Indian scientists are "our strength" and they will help shape the future in this "knowledge era", while greeting the nation and the community of scientists on National Technology Day.
"Our scientists are our strength and will help shape our future in this Knowledge Era with both defence and civilian impact," the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate wrote on Twitter.
"Today, we should think on how India can become self sufficient in defence manufacturing. How can we strengthen R&D in defence sector," he added.
Adding that the day marks the anniversary of the Pokhran tests of 1998, Modi said the tests were a "victory of technology" and the "nation`s willpower".
"Under Atal (Bihari Vajpayee), India scripted a new chapter in our history and gave a strong message to the world with the success of the tests in Pokhran. NDA`s foreign policy also ensured that those nations opposed to India testing gradually developed strong ties with India in various fields," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister