Narendra Modi lauds Indian scientists on National Technology Day
New Delhi: BJP leader Narendra Modi Sunday said Indian scientists are "our strength" and they will help shape the future in this "knowledge era", while greeting the nation and the community of scientists on National Technology Day.
"Our scientists are our strength and will help shape our future in this Knowledge Era with both defence and civilian impact," the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate wrote on Twitter.
"Today, we should think on how India can become self sufficient in defence manufacturing. How can we strengthen R&D in defence sector," he added.
Adding that the day marks the anniversary of the Pokhran tests of 1998, Modi said the tests were a "victory of technology" and the "nation`s willpower".
"Under Atal (Bihari Vajpayee), India scripted a new chapter in our history and gave a strong message to the world with the success of the tests in Pokhran. NDA`s foreign policy also ensured that those nations opposed to India testing gradually developed strong ties with India in various fields," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it