Need to harness scientific research: Kalam
Thane (Maha): For higher competitiveness, the country needs to harness scientific researches and technologies derived from them, former President APJ Abdul Kalam has said.
"Nation`s development is powered by economic growth; which in turn is powered by competitiveness; which is powered by knowledge power. The knowledge power is powered by technology and innovation," Kalam said.
"But India`s ranking is 64th in innovation, while Singapore ranks third. For higher competitiveness nations have to harness scientific research and technologies derived from them.
He was addressing the industrialists from Thane on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Thane Manufacturers` Association here last evening.
"National innovative capacity has to be the country`s important potential for producing competitive products. Institutions and industry can definitely contribute towards the enhancement in overall competitiveness index of the country.
"This requires the combined effort of researchers, technologists, production specialists and business leaders.
For building competitiveness what you need is talent with innovation and creativity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh