Need to harness scientific research: Kalam
Thane (Maha): For higher competitiveness, the country needs to harness scientific researches and technologies derived from them, former President APJ Abdul Kalam has said.
"Nation`s development is powered by economic growth; which in turn is powered by competitiveness; which is powered by knowledge power. The knowledge power is powered by technology and innovation," Kalam said.
"But India`s ranking is 64th in innovation, while Singapore ranks third. For higher competitiveness nations have to harness scientific research and technologies derived from them.
He was addressing the industrialists from Thane on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Thane Manufacturers` Association here last evening.
"National innovative capacity has to be the country`s important potential for producing competitive products. Institutions and industry can definitely contribute towards the enhancement in overall competitiveness index of the country.
"This requires the combined effort of researchers, technologists, production specialists and business leaders.
For building competitiveness what you need is talent with innovation and creativity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?