Need to harness scientific research: Kalam
Thane (Maha): For higher competitiveness, the country needs to harness scientific researches and technologies derived from them, former President APJ Abdul Kalam has said.
"Nation`s development is powered by economic growth; which in turn is powered by competitiveness; which is powered by knowledge power. The knowledge power is powered by technology and innovation," Kalam said.
"But India`s ranking is 64th in innovation, while Singapore ranks third. For higher competitiveness nations have to harness scientific research and technologies derived from them.
He was addressing the industrialists from Thane on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Thane Manufacturers` Association here last evening.
"National innovative capacity has to be the country`s important potential for producing competitive products. Institutions and industry can definitely contribute towards the enhancement in overall competitiveness index of the country.
"This requires the combined effort of researchers, technologists, production specialists and business leaders.
For building competitiveness what you need is talent with innovation and creativity," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview