Need to harness scientific research: Kalam
Thane (Maha): For higher competitiveness, the country needs to harness scientific researches and technologies derived from them, former President APJ Abdul Kalam has said.
"Nation`s development is powered by economic growth; which in turn is powered by competitiveness; which is powered by knowledge power. The knowledge power is powered by technology and innovation," Kalam said.
"But India`s ranking is 64th in innovation, while Singapore ranks third. For higher competitiveness nations have to harness scientific research and technologies derived from them.
He was addressing the industrialists from Thane on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Thane Manufacturers` Association here last evening.
"National innovative capacity has to be the country`s important potential for producing competitive products. Institutions and industry can definitely contribute towards the enhancement in overall competitiveness index of the country.
"This requires the combined effort of researchers, technologists, production specialists and business leaders.
For building competitiveness what you need is talent with innovation and creativity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP