New 3D printer can construct your house in 24 hours!
London: In a latest addition to a host of things that 3D printers can do, a revolutionary concrete printer can reportedly build a 2,500-square-foot home layer by layer in a single day.
The University of Southern California is testing a giant 3D concrete printer that could potentially replace human workers by following a computer pattern for constructing a house.
According to MSN, professor Behrokh Khoshnevis has designed the giant robot that replaces construction workers with a nozzle on a gantry and squirts out concrete to build a house.
Khoshnevis explained that the technology, known as Contour Crafting, basically scales up 3D printing to the scale of building and could revolutionise the construction industry.
Contour Crafting could cut down the cost of home-owning by making it possible for millions of displaced people, during emergency situations, to own a property.
Brad Lemley from Discover Magazine observed that the technology would require workers to lay down two rails a few feet further apart than the eventual building`s width and a computer-controlled contour crafter would take over from there to create the entire structure.
The report said that Contour Crafting also produces much stronger structures than traditional building methods and by simply changing the computer pattern, innovative structures can be built, including curved walls, without incurring additional costs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range