New aircraft design inspired from human skeleton unveiled
London: Taking inspiration from the human skeleton, aircraft makers Airbus has designed a strong and relatively lightweight plane.
The model was shown off at the TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh, the BBC reported.
This design could, in theory, drastically reduce the fuel costs of flying.
The European company said the aim would be to 3D print the composite material that would make the structure.
Other ideas for the future plane include an upward curve on the tail to reflect engine noise upwards and reduce noise pollution.
Inside the aircraft, Airbus engineers envisage new "zones" to replace the traditional seating, with "morphing" seats that are able to harvest energy from those sitting in them as well as change shape to fit the size of passengers.
At the front of the plane, the team suggested seating with integrated sensors that would be able to monitor health. And there could even be a gaming zone, where passengers could play virtual sports.
It was also suggested that instead of having small doors into the jet, as is currently the case, the planes of the future would have much wider entrances where people could leave their hand luggage.
The bags would then be automatically delivered to their seats, preventing the problems of blocked aisles, meaning faster boarding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!