New app lets you add movie-like visual effects to mobile videos
Washington: A new app for iOS devices gives users access to visual effects that have been used in movies and TV shows over the last 15 years for editing videos.
The app, called Vivoom, is backed by GenArts which is a big supplier of visual effects software to TV and motion picture studios, including Disney, HBO and ESPN.
According to AllThingsD, users can shoot your video, and then add visual effects of choice as seen on big and small screen and all the rendering is done in the cloud.
The app has recently added new effects like `Beauty` that makes it easy to remove blemishes and wrinkles from a subject`s skin while another called `Skinny` helps them appear a little thinner.
Vivoom is set to face competition from editing and sharing tools for videos like Vine and Instagram who have 40 million users and 150 million users respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened