New app lets you add movie-like visual effects to mobile videos
Washington: A new app for iOS devices gives users access to visual effects that have been used in movies and TV shows over the last 15 years for editing videos.
The app, called Vivoom, is backed by GenArts which is a big supplier of visual effects software to TV and motion picture studios, including Disney, HBO and ESPN.
According to AllThingsD, users can shoot your video, and then add visual effects of choice as seen on big and small screen and all the rendering is done in the cloud.
The app has recently added new effects like `Beauty` that makes it easy to remove blemishes and wrinkles from a subject`s skin while another called `Skinny` helps them appear a little thinner.
Vivoom is set to face competition from editing and sharing tools for videos like Vine and Instagram who have 40 million users and 150 million users respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside