New device to charge cellphones with car batteries
New York: Out of battery? No worries, this device lets you charge your phone with a car battery!
A new device that uses the energy stored in car batteries to power cellphones and other appliances has been developed.
The device called PowerClip provides users with a simple and efficient way to tap into energy that is stored within vehicle batteries, a resource that is available across the world, a team of US engineers and designers said.
With one motion, the unit attaches onto a car battery, providing secure access and usable power with up to 30 per cent greater energy efficiency than existing car battery inverters.
"The device gives first responders immediate access to power in the wake of an emergency. The compact unit provides an efficient and inexpensive power source to charge appliances through USB from a car battery," said one of the researchers.
The device was conceived days after Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast of the US, leaving millions of homes in the dark, according to the product website.
"The PowerClip is a cheap and robust solution for first responders to have the freedom to concentrate their efforts on the important tasks of rebuilding psychological calm and safety within their communities in a post-disaster situation," the website said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!