New `food-tech` startup aims to find substitute for eggs
Melbourne: A new food technology start-up plans to find a substitute for eggs.
The `Hampton Creek Foods` is looking for plants that can replace chicken eggs in all recipes and has already launched its first product, which is an egg-free mayonnaise, now sold at Whole Foods Markets, News.co.au reported.
The San Francisco startup backed by Bill Gates said that they are looking for a replacement as the egg industry pollutes the environment, causes disease outbreaks and confines chickens to tiny spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92