New `food-tech` startup aims to find substitute for eggs
Melbourne: A new food technology start-up plans to find a substitute for eggs.
The `Hampton Creek Foods` is looking for plants that can replace chicken eggs in all recipes and has already launched its first product, which is an egg-free mayonnaise, now sold at Whole Foods Markets, News.co.au reported.
The San Francisco startup backed by Bill Gates said that they are looking for a replacement as the egg industry pollutes the environment, causes disease outbreaks and confines chickens to tiny spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test