New `food-tech` startup aims to find substitute for eggs
Melbourne: A new food technology start-up plans to find a substitute for eggs.
The `Hampton Creek Foods` is looking for plants that can replace chicken eggs in all recipes and has already launched its first product, which is an egg-free mayonnaise, now sold at Whole Foods Markets, News.co.au reported.
The San Francisco startup backed by Bill Gates said that they are looking for a replacement as the egg industry pollutes the environment, causes disease outbreaks and confines chickens to tiny spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport