New `food-tech` startup aims to find substitute for eggs
Melbourne: A new food technology start-up plans to find a substitute for eggs.
The `Hampton Creek Foods` is looking for plants that can replace chicken eggs in all recipes and has already launched its first product, which is an egg-free mayonnaise, now sold at Whole Foods Markets, News.co.au reported.
The San Francisco startup backed by Bill Gates said that they are looking for a replacement as the egg industry pollutes the environment, causes disease outbreaks and confines chickens to tiny spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble