New fully-functional Lego car runs on air
Washington: Two friends have reportedly taken their love for Lego notches high as they have reportedly built a life-size Lego car that runs on air.
Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida have built the fully functional car from Lego bricks, which is the product of the duo`s Super Awesome Micro Project.
According to The Verge, the crowd-funded effort let the duo take 500,000 Lego bricks and 256 pistons and design the masterpiece make completely from the bricks including the engine and seats.
Sammartino and Oaida estimated that they spent around 60,000 dollars on Lego bricks alone.
The report said that the car was built in Romania and then shipped to an undisclosed location in Melbourne, which was a difficult task as the pieces warped while crossing the Equator.
Sammartino said that the car was significantly damaged while shipping as the pieces were freezing and heating up.
However, the damages have been patched and the car is fit to be taken on the streets with a speed that reaches up to 20mph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional