New fully-functional Lego car runs on air
Washington: Two friends have reportedly taken their love for Lego notches high as they have reportedly built a life-size Lego car that runs on air.
Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida have built the fully functional car from Lego bricks, which is the product of the duo`s Super Awesome Micro Project.
According to The Verge, the crowd-funded effort let the duo take 500,000 Lego bricks and 256 pistons and design the masterpiece make completely from the bricks including the engine and seats.
Sammartino and Oaida estimated that they spent around 60,000 dollars on Lego bricks alone.
The report said that the car was built in Romania and then shipped to an undisclosed location in Melbourne, which was a difficult task as the pieces warped while crossing the Equator.
Sammartino said that the car was significantly damaged while shipping as the pieces were freezing and heating up.
However, the damages have been patched and the car is fit to be taken on the streets with a speed that reaches up to 20mph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus