New fully-functional Lego car runs on air
Washington: Two friends have reportedly taken their love for Lego notches high as they have reportedly built a life-size Lego car that runs on air.
Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida have built the fully functional car from Lego bricks, which is the product of the duo`s Super Awesome Micro Project.
According to The Verge, the crowd-funded effort let the duo take 500,000 Lego bricks and 256 pistons and design the masterpiece make completely from the bricks including the engine and seats.
Sammartino and Oaida estimated that they spent around 60,000 dollars on Lego bricks alone.
The report said that the car was built in Romania and then shipped to an undisclosed location in Melbourne, which was a difficult task as the pieces warped while crossing the Equator.
Sammartino said that the car was significantly damaged while shipping as the pieces were freezing and heating up.
However, the damages have been patched and the car is fit to be taken on the streets with a speed that reaches up to 20mph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes