New fully-functional Lego car runs on air
Washington: Two friends have reportedly taken their love for Lego notches high as they have reportedly built a life-size Lego car that runs on air.
Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida have built the fully functional car from Lego bricks, which is the product of the duo`s Super Awesome Micro Project.
According to The Verge, the crowd-funded effort let the duo take 500,000 Lego bricks and 256 pistons and design the masterpiece make completely from the bricks including the engine and seats.
Sammartino and Oaida estimated that they spent around 60,000 dollars on Lego bricks alone.
The report said that the car was built in Romania and then shipped to an undisclosed location in Melbourne, which was a difficult task as the pieces warped while crossing the Equator.
Sammartino said that the car was significantly damaged while shipping as the pieces were freezing and heating up.
However, the damages have been patched and the car is fit to be taken on the streets with a speed that reaches up to 20mph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre