New glasses let doctors see patients` veins through skin
Washington: A pair of new smart glasses that allow doctors to see patients` veins right through their skin will make it easier for them to give an injection.
Getting a needle into a vein is not always a straightforward procedure and can sometimes take multiple attempts, much to the discomfort of the patient.
The new Eyes-On Glasses let doctors see patients` veins through their skin.
The glasses can be worn over existing eyewear, and incorporate "multi-spectral 3D imaging" (multiple spectra of projected light) to make veins show up when viewed via the glasses` dual cameras.
Users see the patient`s skin as it really is through the glasses` clear lens, but with an image of the veins as processed by the cameras overlaid on top, `Gizmag` reported.
Those cameras also allow images to be transmitted by Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or 3G wireless to remotely-located medical staff, two built-in speakers assist in such situations.
Eyes-On Glasses, developed by a US-based company Evena Medical, are expected to be commercially available by next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!