New iOS app lets you shoot videos in portrait mode
Washington: Providing a good change to the age-old way of shooting videos and capturing pictures in landscape mode, a new iOS app reportedly allows users to shoot videos in portrait mode.
Horizon app, at 0.99 dollars, eliminates the black bars seen usually in portrait-mode videos as content shot with the app always appears in landscape mode, regardless of how the device is held.
This app uses iOS device`s gyroscope to automatically level videos as the user shoots and one can choose between a couple of different leveling modes, which change the size of the frame.
Users can shoot in portrait-style and videos would still come out as landscaped ones as they are cropped to appear like that, while videos shot horizontally remain unchanged.
The app also offers nine Instagram-style filters , as well as settings for shooting in different resolutions and aspect ratios, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video