New machine turns water into wine in three days
Washington: A new machine that can turn water into wine in just three days by simply adding a few other ingredients has been developed.
The `Miracle Machine` takes only three days and just a couple of dollars to make wine that would normally cost at least USD 20, its makers claim.
The fermentation chamber in the machine turns water, grape concentrate, yeast and a finishing powder into wine.
The chamber uses an array of electrical sensors, transducers, heaters and pumps to provide a controlled environment for the primary and, as needed, secondary fermentation stages.
An accompanying app, linked to the Miracle Machine via Bluetooth, tracks the progress of the wine.
It can also be used to select the perfect wine for your taste, telling you which ingredients to purchase in order to make the wine of your choice.
The app will also direct you to add the small sachet of finishing powder, which contains the oak and other flavours that will allow your wine to taste as if it has been ageing for several months to a year.
Also, 24 hours later, the app will notify you through an alert letting you know that your wine is ready to drink.
The machine, which costs USD 499, was developed by wine expert Kevin Boyer, who founded the Boyanci winery in Napa Valley and British entrepreneur Philip James, who lives in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what