New robot guitarist can play faster than humans
London: Rockstar robots! A music album performed entirely by a band of robots, with a bot guitarist that plays faster than a human could, has been composed.
The soon-to-be-released album by UK record label Warp Records has been performed by a three-piece band of Japanese robots called Z-Machines.
The band`s guitarist has 78 fingers, while the drummer rocks out with 22 arms, `The Verge` reported.
The robot band`s developers collaborated with a UK-based composer Squarepusher to explore creating music with the bots.
They, however, crafted an entire five track album eventually.
While the presence of additional arms and fingers means that the band can play in ways no human can, composing for robots has its own unique set of challenges, the report said.
According to Squarepusher, the robots involved in the music album have their own specifications which permits certain possibilities and exclude others.
"The robot guitar player, for example, can play much faster than a human ever could, but there is no amplitude control," said Squarepusher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez