New robot guitarist can play faster than humans
London: Rockstar robots! A music album performed entirely by a band of robots, with a bot guitarist that plays faster than a human could, has been composed.
The soon-to-be-released album by UK record label Warp Records has been performed by a three-piece band of Japanese robots called Z-Machines.
The band`s guitarist has 78 fingers, while the drummer rocks out with 22 arms, `The Verge` reported.
The robot band`s developers collaborated with a UK-based composer Squarepusher to explore creating music with the bots.
They, however, crafted an entire five track album eventually.
While the presence of additional arms and fingers means that the band can play in ways no human can, composing for robots has its own unique set of challenges, the report said.
According to Squarepusher, the robots involved in the music album have their own specifications which permits certain possibilities and exclude others.
"The robot guitar player, for example, can play much faster than a human ever could, but there is no amplitude control," said Squarepusher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured