New robot guitarist can play faster than humans
London: Rockstar robots! A music album performed entirely by a band of robots, with a bot guitarist that plays faster than a human could, has been composed.
The soon-to-be-released album by UK record label Warp Records has been performed by a three-piece band of Japanese robots called Z-Machines.
The band`s guitarist has 78 fingers, while the drummer rocks out with 22 arms, `The Verge` reported.
The robot band`s developers collaborated with a UK-based composer Squarepusher to explore creating music with the bots.
They, however, crafted an entire five track album eventually.
While the presence of additional arms and fingers means that the band can play in ways no human can, composing for robots has its own unique set of challenges, the report said.
According to Squarepusher, the robots involved in the music album have their own specifications which permits certain possibilities and exclude others.
"The robot guitar player, for example, can play much faster than a human ever could, but there is no amplitude control," said Squarepusher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan