New robot guitarist can play faster than humans
London: Rockstar robots! A music album performed entirely by a band of robots, with a bot guitarist that plays faster than a human could, has been composed.
The soon-to-be-released album by UK record label Warp Records has been performed by a three-piece band of Japanese robots called Z-Machines.
The band`s guitarist has 78 fingers, while the drummer rocks out with 22 arms, `The Verge` reported.
The robot band`s developers collaborated with a UK-based composer Squarepusher to explore creating music with the bots.
They, however, crafted an entire five track album eventually.
While the presence of additional arms and fingers means that the band can play in ways no human can, composing for robots has its own unique set of challenges, the report said.
According to Squarepusher, the robots involved in the music album have their own specifications which permits certain possibilities and exclude others.
"The robot guitar player, for example, can play much faster than a human ever could, but there is no amplitude control," said Squarepusher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'