New smart car key to watch over errant teen drivers
Wellington: Parents, who fear that their teens could be rash with their driving, can now breathe a sigh of relief as Ford has invented a smart car key to nag young drivers into being safe.
The Ford MyKey, which works in tandem with the Ford Sync system, will allow owners to customise different keys that would configure different settings on the car as it`s turned on, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The MyKey can be programmed to initiate features like completely disabling the audio system if seatbelts aren`t used, sound alarms at 70km/h and 140km/h to highlight if the vehicle is going past the speed limit, keeping the seatbelt reminders on, sounding an early fuel-low warning to save running out on fuel and restricting safety technologies like stability programs from ever being turned off.
The MyKey system is set to debut on the Fiesta ST model in September and will be deployed in the latest Ford models from 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31