New smart car key to watch over errant teen drivers
Wellington: Parents, who fear that their teens could be rash with their driving, can now breathe a sigh of relief as Ford has invented a smart car key to nag young drivers into being safe.
The Ford MyKey, which works in tandem with the Ford Sync system, will allow owners to customise different keys that would configure different settings on the car as it`s turned on, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The MyKey can be programmed to initiate features like completely disabling the audio system if seatbelts aren`t used, sound alarms at 70km/h and 140km/h to highlight if the vehicle is going past the speed limit, keeping the seatbelt reminders on, sounding an early fuel-low warning to save running out on fuel and restricting safety technologies like stability programs from ever being turned off.
The MyKey system is set to debut on the Fiesta ST model in September and will be deployed in the latest Ford models from 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre