New smart device monitors pollution levels inside homes to keep you healthy
Washington: A smart air monitoring device, Birdi, has been developed to monitor air quality, everyday health hazards, pollution and emergencies like fire and carbon monoxide so you can stay connected and protected in your home.
The air quality sensor gives you the information you need, exactly when you need it, and that too while sitting in your homes.
According to Techcrunch, Birdi, priced at nearly 99 dollars, can sense multiple environmental factors including temperature, CO2 level, carbon monoxide levels, as well as standard smoke.
It also senses humidity and particle density, which is important in smoggy locales. It will notify you when it`s out of power and all of the sensors connect to your phone via a contract-free web service, the report said.
This means when the Birdi senses a problem you get a notification on your iOS or Android phone and you can track statistics over time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?
- Bihar to use WhatsApp to repair bad roads