New smart device monitors pollution levels inside homes to keep you healthy
Washington: A smart air monitoring device, Birdi, has been developed to monitor air quality, everyday health hazards, pollution and emergencies like fire and carbon monoxide so you can stay connected and protected in your home.
The air quality sensor gives you the information you need, exactly when you need it, and that too while sitting in your homes.
According to Techcrunch, Birdi, priced at nearly 99 dollars, can sense multiple environmental factors including temperature, CO2 level, carbon monoxide levels, as well as standard smoke.
It also senses humidity and particle density, which is important in smoggy locales. It will notify you when it`s out of power and all of the sensors connect to your phone via a contract-free web service, the report said.
This means when the Birdi senses a problem you get a notification on your iOS or Android phone and you can track statistics over time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview