New `smart` watch vibrates to keep you from nodding off
Washington: A new `smart` watch tracks the wearer`s movements and `buzzes` them awake if they start to doze off.
The watch features a time display and two integrated motion sensors to detect the velocity of the user`s movements, and measure how often those movements occur.
The data is processed using an algorithm that establishes a movement pattern for the user.
When the watch senses that it has remained relatively "unmoved" for too long a period of time, it activates its adjustable 12-volt vibration motor to buzz the user awake, `Gizmag` reported.
When users want to grab a nap, go to bed, or just take the watch off for a while, they simply take it out of "Spark mode."
The watch is water-resistant, has a stainless steel case and weighs 100 grammes. In its current prototype form, one charge of its lithium-ion battery lasts for approximately six days of use.
Blanc, the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based startup behind the Spark, is now raising production funds on Kickstarter.
The planned retail price for the watch is USD 149.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic