New `smart` watch vibrates to keep you from nodding off
Washington: A new `smart` watch tracks the wearer`s movements and `buzzes` them awake if they start to doze off.
The watch features a time display and two integrated motion sensors to detect the velocity of the user`s movements, and measure how often those movements occur.
The data is processed using an algorithm that establishes a movement pattern for the user.
When the watch senses that it has remained relatively "unmoved" for too long a period of time, it activates its adjustable 12-volt vibration motor to buzz the user awake, `Gizmag` reported.
When users want to grab a nap, go to bed, or just take the watch off for a while, they simply take it out of "Spark mode."
The watch is water-resistant, has a stainless steel case and weighs 100 grammes. In its current prototype form, one charge of its lithium-ion battery lasts for approximately six days of use.
Blanc, the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based startup behind the Spark, is now raising production funds on Kickstarter.
The planned retail price for the watch is USD 149.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL