New `smart` watch vibrates to keep you from nodding off
Washington: A new `smart` watch tracks the wearer`s movements and `buzzes` them awake if they start to doze off.
The watch features a time display and two integrated motion sensors to detect the velocity of the user`s movements, and measure how often those movements occur.
The data is processed using an algorithm that establishes a movement pattern for the user.
When the watch senses that it has remained relatively "unmoved" for too long a period of time, it activates its adjustable 12-volt vibration motor to buzz the user awake, `Gizmag` reported.
When users want to grab a nap, go to bed, or just take the watch off for a while, they simply take it out of "Spark mode."
The watch is water-resistant, has a stainless steel case and weighs 100 grammes. In its current prototype form, one charge of its lithium-ion battery lasts for approximately six days of use.
Blanc, the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based startup behind the Spark, is now raising production funds on Kickstarter.
The planned retail price for the watch is USD 149.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends