New vision-correcting display to replace glasses
You may soon be able to ditch your glasses and contact lenses, thanks to a new display technology that automatically addresses vision problems.
Researchers say the idea is to anticipate how your eyes will naturally distort whatever is on screen and adjust it beforehand so that what you see appears clear.
According to Brian A Barsky, from the University of California, Berkeley, it`s like undoing what the optics in your eyes are about to do.
The team, that collaboration with researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Microsoft, altered images of rainbow-coloured hot-air balloons and details of a Vincent Van Gogh portrait according to a range of different eye conditions, such as near and far-sightedness.
The technique may also help those with more serious vision problems caused by physical defects that can`t be corrected with glasses or contacts, researchers said.
This includes spherical aberration, which causes different parts of the lens to refract light differently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report