Nobel laureate Peter Higgs doesn`t use mobile or computer!
Washington: Peter Higgs, who discovered the `God particle` Higgs boson phenomenon with Dr. Francois Englert, has revealed that he doesn`t own a cell phone or a computer by choice.
According to CBS News, the professor at the University of Edinburgh was unaware of his Nobel win as he was on a vacation when the Royal Swedish Academy made the public announcement.
At a press conference at the University, Higgs said that he first got to know about the win when his neighbour congratulated him after he returned from his break.
Higgs added that he heard more about his win when he got home and started reading the messages.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case