Now, a charger which can hack any Apple iOS device
London: Researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a charger, which is capable of hacking any iOS when plugged in.
The group constructed the device by examining Apple`s existing security before realizing how the USB capabilities can be leveraged to bypass these defence mechanisms, the independent reported.
Once the charger called `Mactans,` gets plugged in, it is able to install hidden malware onto iPhones and iPads, allowing for any number of exploits of users` hardware and their data.
The researchers said that the device was built in limited amount of time and a small budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote