Now, a charger which can hack any Apple iOS device
London: Researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a charger, which is capable of hacking any iOS when plugged in.
The group constructed the device by examining Apple`s existing security before realizing how the USB capabilities can be leveraged to bypass these defence mechanisms, the independent reported.
Once the charger called `Mactans,` gets plugged in, it is able to install hidden malware onto iPhones and iPads, allowing for any number of exploits of users` hardware and their data.
The researchers said that the device was built in limited amount of time and a small budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway