Now, a charger which can hack any Apple iOS device
London: Researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a charger, which is capable of hacking any iOS when plugged in.
The group constructed the device by examining Apple`s existing security before realizing how the USB capabilities can be leveraged to bypass these defence mechanisms, the independent reported.
Once the charger called `Mactans,` gets plugged in, it is able to install hidden malware onto iPhones and iPads, allowing for any number of exploits of users` hardware and their data.
The researchers said that the device was built in limited amount of time and a small budget.
- Brussels Airport departure hall reopens after deadly attacks
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks