Now, a fertility app that pays if you don`t get pregnant
Washington: A new app has been developed which not only monitors a woman`s menstrual cycle and gives information about her reproductive health but also pays for the expensive infertility treatment if she doesn`t get pregnant with the app`s help.
The app, called Glow, has been developed by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin and ex-Google executive Mike Huang and offers the premium service Glow First with a one million dollars donation to the fund, ABC reports.
According to the report, the free app provides women help with tracking their ovulation data, menstruation cycle and sexual activity and the data is then fed to Glow`s data scientists and physicians who crunch it to better inform women on their optimal fertility window.
CEO for Glow, Huang said that though the app is anonymized yet the more data a user puts in it will be able to process it better and make calculation more precise.
Through the fertility program users can opt to pay 50 dollars a month for a period of 10 months which is equal to the average time taken by women to conceive and if at the end of the program members do not have luck conceiving with the app`s help then they will get money from the contribution pool of cash, which will go directly towards costly in fertility treatments or procedures.
Huang said that statistically there will be women who need help and treatments and they will have to pay out of pocket adding that the company is not an insurance company but is trying to think of a creative way to help these women, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report