Now, amphibious car that doubles as boat
New York: Amphibious car! Two men in the US claim to have developed a hybrid vehicle that can be driven on land as well as the sea.
Called the Panther, the car`s co-founders Fred Selby and Dave March have been working on amphibious vehicle projects for more than a decade.
The `WaterCar` resembles a Jeep pickup truck, down to the flat-faced front and its signature taillights. Panther`s grille is only six slots, instead of the Jeep`s signature, trademarked seven-slot grille.
The Panther`s body is constructed of fibreglass, rather than steel, for the sake of lightness, and is coated in anti-corrosion sprays to ward off the effects of salt water.
To keep the Panther afloat, a hull is also lined with foam, `New York Daily News` reported.
The Panther`s spare interior bears little similarity to the Jeep`s, allowing owners room for customisation and individuality.
The hull sticks out slightly from underneath the front of the Panther in order to ensure smooth sailing as well as seamless integration into the vehicle`s design.
Panther effortlessly transition from car to boat, the report said.
Unlike operating a traditional boat, driver and passengers are all seated, making it somewhat difficult to see through and over the windshield when the boat is on plane, essentially with the nose pointed up and the accelerator floored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31