Now, an `anti-social app` to help avoid friends
Washington: A new experimental ` anti-social` web app has been designed which can help users to utilize FourSquare to track their friends` check-ins and provide alternative routes to avoid them.
The app called as `Hell Is Other People` has been designed by Scott Garner, a master`s degree candidate in the interactive telecommunications program at NYU who got the idea out of his own social anxiety, ABC News reports.
Garner also got the idea from a presentation FourSquare co-founder Dennis Crowley made about FourSquare`s early beginnings.
The app requires the user to connect their FourSquare account with Hell Is Other People app and then the app conjures up an avoidance map based on the check-ins by friends. The map contains orange and green points. Orange points indicate check-ins by other users, and green points represent `optimally distanced safe zones`.
NYU adjunct faculty member James George said that Garner was able to channelize his personal anxiety into the concept of the new app.
NYU master`s candidate David Lobser said that as an elegant and satirical take on the current tech boom in social media apps, `Hell is Other People` is unparalleled.
George further said that Garner`s tool and people adopting it shows that it is useful as it answered this anxiety of wanting to avoid other people, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference