Now, an app to ensure you `Get Home Safe`
Wellington: A new app for smartphone s has been developed which allows for monitoring users` outdoor activities and to ensure that the person reaches home safe.
A Queenstown entrepreneur has developed the ` Get Home Safe` app which is aimed at the general public to monitor everyday activities such as walking home from school, mountain biking or working unsupervised, Stuff.co.nz reports.
According to the report, once the app is installed, the user registers their itinerary and the app then records the GPS location and if the user does not stop or continue as planned then it sends an alarm to pre-selected personal emergency contacts.
Boyd Peacock who developed the app said that it could save lives and the servers do not need a working cellphone or network coverage to send the alarm and added that it was potentially invaluable for boating, tramping, fishing, kayaking or back country skiing and could be used to complement traditional personal locator beacons.
New Zealand Mountain Safety Council chief executive Darryl Carpenter said that the app will provide a valuable safety service for outdoor enthusiasts and there are clearly possibilities for other activities in everyday life.
The app is available to download from today at the Apple iTunes New Zealand store, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly