Now an app to help travellers overcome jet lag
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Do you suffer from jet lag? Researchers have come up with a mobile app which offers ways to overcome it by snapping internal clocks of travellers to new time zones.
A Jet lag happens when one is travelling through different time zones and working unsociable hours, which often makes people either tired or unable to sleep. Frequent head spinning, insomnia and fatigue are some of the symptoms of jet lag.
The new iPhone app, called `Entrain`, is believed to be the first to take a numbers-based approach to “entrainment” - the scientific term for synchronising circadian rhythms with the outside hour.
Entrain is built around the premise that light, particularly from the sun and in wavelengths that appear to our eyes as the colour blue, is the strongest signal to regulate circadian rhythms.
Once you download the app, start by entering your typical hours of light and darkness in your current time zone.
Then choose the time zone you are travelling to and when, as well as the brightest light you expect to spend the most time in during your trip (indoor or outdoor).
The app offers a specialised plan and predicts how long it would you take to adjust.
The shortcuts `Entrain` offers are custom schedules of light and darkness depending on the itinerary.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday