Now, app that automatically reshapes your face to look better
Wellington: An app called Pixtr has been developed, which promises to "put your best face forward."
What that means is that it automatically cleans you up like a magazine Photoshop artist.
Noses are thinned. Eyes are tweaked. Faces are re-shaped. Wrinkles, blemishes, even freckles - ever-so-lovely freckles - are history.
You`ll look fantastically plastic, and it won`t bear any resemblance to the dreaded face in the bathroom mirror.
The app`s co-creator, Avi Gadot, told a news website a nice founding story about how beautiful his wife is, and how he wanted to be able to take pictures of her that she`d actually approve of.
But we all know what this app is going to be most used for, and it isn`t spousal enhancement. It`s self-improving selfies.
If Pixtr becomes popular, and there`s every reason to suspect it will, there will be something like an arms race in profile photos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof