Now, app to curb your binge eating urges
London: A smartphone app has been developed which aims to strike at the same moment that binge eating urges occur.
The app has been developed as part of two new treatments designed to help those suffering from the disorder, the Independent reported.
Developed by scientists at Drexel University, the TakeControl app will track users` individual patterns of consumption and binge eating behaviour, alerting them at times when they may be susceptible to overeating.
Alongside this, small-group behavioural therapy techniques are also being created to equip patients with the psychological tools to help them benefit from the standard treatment received by those who binge eat.
The app aims to break the cycle of binge eating by becoming familiar with the individual`s habits and triggers and warning them when the risk is high.
Acting in a similar way to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the app will allow patients to record factors such as their multiple mood states, binge eating activity and urges, and whether or not they have eaten regular meals and taken required medication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH