Now, Apple to build hi-tech dashboard for cars
Washington: Software Corporation Apple`s CEO has reportedly hinted at developing products for the automobile industry as a next step towards integrating its innovative technology into other devices after iWatch and television.
CEO Tim Cook said that having something in the automobile is very important which is something that people want and Apple can do it in a better way than anyone else, hinting towards the possibility of it being the next project the company is working on, Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, the company filed for a patent which hints towards the possibility that the it may be actually in the process of developing dashboard for cars.
An insider said that the patent has been granted to Apple for developing touchscreen-based telematics system, which is a customizable car dashboard and console with touch features so as to allow the driver make adjustments without looking away from the road.
The hi-tech dashboard would include features which would allow user to adjust temperatures, heads-up displays, customizable knobs and switches and a screen that can be operated using laser pointer or like device.
A senior equity analyst at Morningstar Brian Colello said that Apple`s expertise is a simple, sleek user interface and Siri, Maps all of that lends itself well for an in-vehicle dashboard and added that automobile could be a nice area of innovation for Apple, the report added
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today