Now, Apple to build hi-tech dashboard for cars
Washington: Software Corporation Apple`s CEO has reportedly hinted at developing products for the automobile industry as a next step towards integrating its innovative technology into other devices after iWatch and television.
CEO Tim Cook said that having something in the automobile is very important which is something that people want and Apple can do it in a better way than anyone else, hinting towards the possibility of it being the next project the company is working on, Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, the company filed for a patent which hints towards the possibility that the it may be actually in the process of developing dashboard for cars.
An insider said that the patent has been granted to Apple for developing touchscreen-based telematics system, which is a customizable car dashboard and console with touch features so as to allow the driver make adjustments without looking away from the road.
The hi-tech dashboard would include features which would allow user to adjust temperatures, heads-up displays, customizable knobs and switches and a screen that can be operated using laser pointer or like device.
A senior equity analyst at Morningstar Brian Colello said that Apple`s expertise is a simple, sleek user interface and Siri, Maps all of that lends itself well for an in-vehicle dashboard and added that automobile could be a nice area of innovation for Apple, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Jayalalithaa takes oath as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Katrina Kaif looks as pretty as a picture on 'Jagga Jasoos' sets in Morocco! View pics
- If you think you are popular on social media then here’s a reality check
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders in Tehran today
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli breaks two T20 world records with unbeaten 54 against Delhi Daredevils