Now, Apple to build hi-tech dashboard for cars
Washington: Software Corporation Apple`s CEO has reportedly hinted at developing products for the automobile industry as a next step towards integrating its innovative technology into other devices after iWatch and television.
CEO Tim Cook said that having something in the automobile is very important which is something that people want and Apple can do it in a better way than anyone else, hinting towards the possibility of it being the next project the company is working on, Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, the company filed for a patent which hints towards the possibility that the it may be actually in the process of developing dashboard for cars.
An insider said that the patent has been granted to Apple for developing touchscreen-based telematics system, which is a customizable car dashboard and console with touch features so as to allow the driver make adjustments without looking away from the road.
The hi-tech dashboard would include features which would allow user to adjust temperatures, heads-up displays, customizable knobs and switches and a screen that can be operated using laser pointer or like device.
A senior equity analyst at Morningstar Brian Colello said that Apple`s expertise is a simple, sleek user interface and Siri, Maps all of that lends itself well for an in-vehicle dashboard and added that automobile could be a nice area of innovation for Apple, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof