Now, battery that can charge your smartphone or electric car in just 10 minutes!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Experts from around the world, who are looking for ways to stop smartphone batteries and other electronics from dying within a few hours, have come up with a new battery that can fully charge electronic devices in just 10 minutes.
The three-dimensional, silicon-decorated, cone-shaped carbon-nanotube cluster architecture for lithium-ion battery anodes is capable of moving electric current at a very fast speed.
This is way faster compared to batteries that we currently have.
The architecture demonstrates excellent electrochemical stability and irreversibility even at high charge and discharge rates -- nearly 16 times faster than conventionally used graphite-based anodes.
The ultrafast rate of charge and discharge can be attributed to two reasons.
Firstly, the seamless connection between graphene-covered copper foil and carbon nanotubes enhances the active material-current collector contact integrity which facilitates charge and thermal transfer in the electrode system.
And secondly, the cone-shaped architecture offers small interpenetrating channels for faster electrolyte access into the electrode which may enhance the rate performance, Wang explained.
Silicon is a type of anode material that is receiving a lot of attention because its total charge capacity is 10 times higher than commercial graphite-based lithium-ion battery anodes.
The study appeared in the journal SMALL.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price