Now, battery that can charge your smartphone or electric car in just 10 minutes!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Experts from around the world, who are looking for ways to stop smartphone batteries and other electronics from dying within a few hours, have come up with a new battery that can fully charge electronic devices in just 10 minutes.
The three-dimensional, silicon-decorated, cone-shaped carbon-nanotube cluster architecture for lithium-ion battery anodes is capable of moving electric current at a very fast speed.
This is way faster compared to batteries that we currently have.
The architecture demonstrates excellent electrochemical stability and irreversibility even at high charge and discharge rates -- nearly 16 times faster than conventionally used graphite-based anodes.
The ultrafast rate of charge and discharge can be attributed to two reasons.
Firstly, the seamless connection between graphene-covered copper foil and carbon nanotubes enhances the active material-current collector contact integrity which facilitates charge and thermal transfer in the electrode system.
And secondly, the cone-shaped architecture offers small interpenetrating channels for faster electrolyte access into the electrode which may enhance the rate performance, Wang explained.
Silicon is a type of anode material that is receiving a lot of attention because its total charge capacity is 10 times higher than commercial graphite-based lithium-ion battery anodes.
The study appeared in the journal SMALL.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway