Now, `black box` that alerts when car`s about to break down
London: A Black Box that warns of faults in a car before it breaks down is to be launched by the RAC motoring organisation.
The matchbox-sized device slots into the vehicle`s computer system and transmits data before and after a journey, the Daily Express reported.
If the car breaks down or has an accident then it will automatically alert a patrolman with its location and the nature of the problem.
The device updates computers at RAC headquarters with information about how the car is running. If a fault is detected, drivers receive a phone call, text or email.
The black box also detects engine and gearbox problems, checks batteries, alternators, brake wear, throttles and filters.
All 1,700 RAC patrol cars have the device and will be available to all RAC members this year with the cost added to subscriptions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler