Now, `cars with brains` that ensures safety on road
Washington: An auto show in Los Angeles is set to showcase all the newest ways technology is influencing car design with this year`s theme being "cars with brains".
According to Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz, now with the E and the S class they have a car that can actually steer itself.
They have used radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead.
This enables the car to react much more quickly than the driver, CBS News reported.
However, cars with collision-avoidance technology are going mainstream.
Dominick Infante from Subaru said that the technology, which enables the system to hit the brakes if the driver doesn`t do, has been common in Japan for almost a decade and its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States too.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb said that with so many distractions on the road, drivers become complacent and the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they`re not paying attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?