Now, `cars with brains` that ensures safety on road
Washington: An auto show in Los Angeles is set to showcase all the newest ways technology is influencing car design with this year`s theme being "cars with brains".
According to Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz, now with the E and the S class they have a car that can actually steer itself.
They have used radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead.
This enables the car to react much more quickly than the driver, CBS News reported.
However, cars with collision-avoidance technology are going mainstream.
Dominick Infante from Subaru said that the technology, which enables the system to hit the brakes if the driver doesn`t do, has been common in Japan for almost a decade and its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States too.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb said that with so many distractions on the road, drivers become complacent and the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they`re not paying attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'