Now, `cars with brains` that ensures safety on road
Washington: An auto show in Los Angeles is set to showcase all the newest ways technology is influencing car design with this year`s theme being "cars with brains".
According to Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz, now with the E and the S class they have a car that can actually steer itself.
They have used radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead.
This enables the car to react much more quickly than the driver, CBS News reported.
However, cars with collision-avoidance technology are going mainstream.
Dominick Infante from Subaru said that the technology, which enables the system to hit the brakes if the driver doesn`t do, has been common in Japan for almost a decade and its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States too.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb said that with so many distractions on the road, drivers become complacent and the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they`re not paying attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok