Now, charge your mobile just by walking!
Washington: A new power generating device, called Genneo, has been developed that can charge electronic devices with human movement.
According to Mashable, the product turns human movement into power through a standard USB port for charging electronic devices, like smartphones, cameras and tablets.
Co-founder Blake Isaacs re-invented linear generators, which were earlier used in shaker flashlights, to produce enough energy for charging a mobile device.
The device comes with a pre-charging cable and with a standard USB connection on the other side.
The cable allows the user to plug in one end into Genneo and the other end into their mobile device.
The product comes in a sleek design that can be charged while walking, jumping or just putting it in one`s pocket before going for a hike, the report added.
The G4000 model offers up to one hour in talk time for every five hours it charges, while the G3000 model gives the same amount of talk time, but after seven hours of charging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy