Now, charge your mobile just by walking!
Washington: A new power generating device, called Genneo, has been developed that can charge electronic devices with human movement.
According to Mashable, the product turns human movement into power through a standard USB port for charging electronic devices, like smartphones, cameras and tablets.
Co-founder Blake Isaacs re-invented linear generators, which were earlier used in shaker flashlights, to produce enough energy for charging a mobile device.
The device comes with a pre-charging cable and with a standard USB connection on the other side.
The cable allows the user to plug in one end into Genneo and the other end into their mobile device.
The product comes in a sleek design that can be charged while walking, jumping or just putting it in one`s pocket before going for a hike, the report added.
The G4000 model offers up to one hour in talk time for every five hours it charges, while the G3000 model gives the same amount of talk time, but after seven hours of charging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert