Now, contact lenses that float virtual screens in front of your eyes
Washington: A startup company has developed a high-tech contact lens which floats virtual screens filled with information in front of the wearer`s eyes.
Innovega`s iOptik system`s two-part system depends on special contact lenses working as a filter to let human eye focus simultaneously on things near and far, using rings that route light to retina in different ways, Fox News reported.
Part two is a pair of special glasses that are fitted with tiny projectors transmitting data forward onto the eyeglass lenses.
According to CNET, the lenses allow the user to view the projected information, whether it`s driving directions or messages or videos.
Innovega CEO Stephen Willey said his company will license the tech to other vendors, who may add other elements such as audio devices, touch control, a camera, an accelerometer, and other hardware seen in similar gadgets like Google Glass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka