Now, contact lenses that float virtual screens in front of your eyes
Washington: A startup company has developed a high-tech contact lens which floats virtual screens filled with information in front of the wearer`s eyes.
Innovega`s iOptik system`s two-part system depends on special contact lenses working as a filter to let human eye focus simultaneously on things near and far, using rings that route light to retina in different ways, Fox News reported.
Part two is a pair of special glasses that are fitted with tiny projectors transmitting data forward onto the eyeglass lenses.
According to CNET, the lenses allow the user to view the projected information, whether it`s driving directions or messages or videos.
Innovega CEO Stephen Willey said his company will license the tech to other vendors, who may add other elements such as audio devices, touch control, a camera, an accelerometer, and other hardware seen in similar gadgets like Google Glass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress