Now, contact lenses that float virtual screens in front of your eyes
Washington: A startup company has developed a high-tech contact lens which floats virtual screens filled with information in front of the wearer`s eyes.
Innovega`s iOptik system`s two-part system depends on special contact lenses working as a filter to let human eye focus simultaneously on things near and far, using rings that route light to retina in different ways, Fox News reported.
Part two is a pair of special glasses that are fitted with tiny projectors transmitting data forward onto the eyeglass lenses.
According to CNET, the lenses allow the user to view the projected information, whether it`s driving directions or messages or videos.
Innovega CEO Stephen Willey said his company will license the tech to other vendors, who may add other elements such as audio devices, touch control, a camera, an accelerometer, and other hardware seen in similar gadgets like Google Glass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands