Now, contact lenses that float virtual screens in front of your eyes
Washington: A startup company has developed a high-tech contact lens which floats virtual screens filled with information in front of the wearer`s eyes.
Innovega`s iOptik system`s two-part system depends on special contact lenses working as a filter to let human eye focus simultaneously on things near and far, using rings that route light to retina in different ways, Fox News reported.
Part two is a pair of special glasses that are fitted with tiny projectors transmitting data forward onto the eyeglass lenses.
According to CNET, the lenses allow the user to view the projected information, whether it`s driving directions or messages or videos.
Innovega CEO Stephen Willey said his company will license the tech to other vendors, who may add other elements such as audio devices, touch control, a camera, an accelerometer, and other hardware seen in similar gadgets like Google Glass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?